• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First Moon stitch microsoft ice

AstroHobbyman

Next time I will take a extra video just in case! It was very windy and I thought it was covered :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: prevously a few weeks ago I did a single one minute cell phone video of the full moon in 4k res with 27mm eyepiece a focal and it was not bad,  this time recorded  with a 2.25x Barlow  added at 720 resolution which I now think was too low. Going for 4 videos at 1080 res next time :)

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

It's Kim Kardashian!

Cheeky! Would not say it was that good, more.... :lol:

Builders Bum 1.jpg mods remove this if too cheeky....

Edited by AstroHobbyman

2 hours ago, AstroHobbyman said:

Hi again. 

Ice is a brilliant program. 

I always use it myself. 

If it helps try this. 

Take each panel and crop all the edges to remove any artifacts off the image. 

Then put the panels into ice. 

It will stich them better without any join lines. 

• Like 1

Ta for the tip Graham , Just making baby steps and open to ideas.  I'm uploading the Moon to Google drive by the way of a few 1080 and 4k videos with plenty of overlap! Ended the session with a little 'goto' to the Hyades cluster stars looked very sharp maybe it was the good seeing and the glare of the moon making them smaller! 

Thanks guys ,  I will have to get a phone clamp sometime , then the skys the limit. Its a bit crazy standing there trying to get a shaking hand to bring the image to focus! Hope ur all having a good Christmas.

2 hours ago, Sunny Phil said:

I had an oval moon tonight. I tried Registax on my turbo-charged fuel-injected company computer but it could not handle such large files!

Hi Phil try this first  https://sites.google.com/site/astropipp/

then with a few good frames left and a lot of waiting Registax mostly comes good in the end.

This is my latest processing effort from Thursday night. http://www.astrobin.com/234093/ tap the x button in the top right to enjoy fully ;)

Edited by AstroHobbyman