• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

SGL7 Imaging Targets

Guest Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

Fellow dark siders ... what's on the menu for SGL?

I've not set on anything yet, but despite the lateness in the year the first couple of hours after dark will be committed to seeing if there's anything left in M45 ...

I don't know about imaging, but have a look for the Antenna Galaxy in Corvus, below Virgo. (NGC 4038/4039)

This is a faint fuzzy but when you see the Hubble pics, it's just amazing.

If it's good seeing you can get it.

I will be visual and imaging unconventionally again this year using the Mintron galaxy bagging. This year I shall try and record them properly as well as taking the odd snap for the record.

I know its not imging as such, and Im the 1st to state that, but I have given up sitting for hours on end watching phd guide graph just for 1 or 2 pictures at star parties and missing the dark skies. I prefer now to spend my dark sky time at star parties doing visual and enhanced visual, getting stuff I cant normally get from home.

Phil

Guest Kheldar

Yep thats on my list also the SN in NGC4790

Ooh, that one's probably just too small for me to get anything on.

In fairness, M95 will either have to be a hefty crop on the 450 or a moderate crop if I can wrestle the 314 back off Noel :D

Ive no probs on that score with an F7.5 refractor plus a Mintron 1/2" HAD chip; even with the 0.5 reducer M95 is still going to be a reasonable size.

Not sure about NGC4790 I may struggle with mag but Ill give it a bash.