• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Stargazing Live

Guest HykehamObservatory

Guest HykehamObservatory

Lincoln A.S. are opening their observatory on Friday and Saturday 15th and 16th January as part of the BBC Stargazing Live series. It is free to all who attend. We would like to meet any EMS members from the Lincoln area. Full details are on the website www.lincolnastronomy.org

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/01/2016 at 00:03, AstroHobbyman said:

I'll be there, looks like a very interesting evening just hope the weather Gods are kind!  http://www.metcheck.com/HOBBIES/astronomy_forecast.asp?LocationID=3852

The night went pretty well I can now report clear weather and a small crowd even with there being  something decent showing on TV! 

Bagged M32 and Uranus for the first time on the Society's 12" telescope and did some fun sky sweeping with my wide field Binos :thumbsup: 

13 hours ago, AstroHobbyman said:

The night went pretty well I can now report clear weather and a small crowd even with there being  something decent showing on TV! 

Bagged M32 and Uranus for the first time on the Society's 12" telescope and did some fun sky sweeping with my wide field Binos :thumbsup: 

Glad you had a good night.

Thanks for the astro weather link, it is very comprehensive. It rates the conditions by both seeing and transparency and surprisingly even by the Pickering Scale based on diffraction patterns. It does state that these three parameters are experimental, but it is good that it makes the effort at predicting them. I will give that a try as it gives a bit more detail than Astropanel and Clear Outside. :)

• Like 1