• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Cold but worth it for me..:)

Brady

Looking very nice Brady. A very productive night... I couldn't muster the energy.

What camera and scope was it?

Amazing how far the comet moves in 10 minutes eh? Had a look my self the other night in bins... must get out imaging again soon!

Alright Steve, been a while bud...yeah the scope is the same 200p but i had the camera modded and also forked out for a cls clip which is working wonders, just getting my head around the new mount and eqmod, its like losing an arm with no handset but i can see why people do it, its so much better..

• Like 1

For the short time on the exposures that is a pretty amazing set of images you have there. 

You must be well pleased. :)

Looking good Wayne, M42 looks lovely, like a kid in a sweetshop and all good. I reckon when you get some decent clear sky and time on one object it will be stunning.

Nice shots Wayne, considering the cold, new equipment  and disappearing from view objects!

Love the horsehead, IC434's red glow shows it off lovely. And the bright nebula NGC 2023 to the left shows well, I was looking at this the other night, along with HD 38087, fainter, a bit to the SW in your picture, but could not see the horse! One day...? There are lots to see in this area ?

The pinwheel shows lots of detail... There are a few NGC numbers in there too...

An interesting capture of Catalina and lots of detail in the wispy M42.

very enjoyable to study these Wayne,

cheers!

?

Thanks guys, much appreciated, Stephen it's that time of year that when it gets dark and i dodge the plum tree i have around an hour before orion and the horse move around the house so i dont get long, after setting up that narrows down even more, the obsy should combat that the next time around and i may accidentally chop that tree down, i do need to work out photoshop or whatever processing program im going to go with though, there are that many and people use all of them across the board even multiple ones so it's hard to single out which would be suitable for me, but thats for a rainy night :)

some cracking shots, m42 and the horse head nebula are a couple of my favourites, if this is your starting point into astro photography i can see you coming up with some stunning images in the future, congrats. 

isn`t eqmod the best, i havent used my handset for years.

Edited by red dwalf

Im just getting to grips with it still Rob but it's definitely a lot better than the handset, because im using it with Stellarium the only gripe i have is the Ctrl 1 action in Stellarium to slew to a target is very annoying as i can control everything else with a mouse/gamepad, although Chris has informed me that i may be able to use windows on screen keyboard to action this....the reason behind all this is when setting up i am outside with the gear while the laptop is inside behind a conservatory window, a wireless mouse/gamepad works fine through the window....my hands for ctrl 1 do not however :) there is a script on another site as well that may combat this...other than that it's Cartes du Ceil trials.... and thanks for the encouragement guys it really does keep you going :thumbsup:

• Like 1