• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Files too large.

oldfruit

Forgive me if i am being a bit thick. :D

If i want to upload photos to attatch to my posts the max file size is i beleive 1mb. Most pictures that i have are larger than this and i was wondering if someone would be so kind as to advise me how i can reduce the file size.

As an example, most of my photos are jpeg and around 4mb in size.

Many thanks.

Mark.

If you have photoshop or similar, use save for web or just save normally and adjust quality until it shows less than 1mb

If you have photoshop or similar, use save for web or just save normally and adjust quality until it shows less than 1mb

Thanks Edward, i will give that a try.

I save them to imageshack and select 800x600 and they resize them for me, I then just copy the link and post here.

Personally I hate Photobucket and Imageshack. I hate the way the services are monetised with ads.

I would recommend Flickr. You get a limited amount of space and views on a free account, but it's really user friendly, very social if you find the right groups to share images in and it's not covered in ads.

Flickr also allows you to embed a file in multiple sizes without the need to resize the image. :)