• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Baader 1.25" contrast booster filter - NOT SOLD

red dwalf

for sale is a excellent condition Baader 1.25" contrast booster, comes with it`s little plastic box, i haven`t used this for a while, think i bought it for planetary imaging which i haven`t done for a while now so this is up for grabs, looking for £30 ideally picked up for the Sandiacre area although i could post for cost, about £2.

sorry about the out of focus image, it`s much like my imaging attempts, fuzzy.

filter.jpg

Edited by Daz Type-R

Rob, assuming that will fit a Baader Hyperion mkIII zoom, I'd be interested? Will check later.

Alan

Rob, sorry for delay in replying (family stuff...) Have checked the back end of the Hyperion and it doesn't look like that fits. I've only ever used the lens with the 2" nosepiece for the  WO diagonal; I can't see how the 1.25 nose even fits on the lens so I wonder whether it came with the wrong parts in the first place.

Alan.

no worries Alan, the eyepiece should have come with a 1.25" adapter which should just screw onto the 2" opening of the unit.

Rob, that's got me puzzled now... Knowing me, I've probably assembled something the wrong way round! Are you going to the meet on Saturday? If so, I'll bring the lens with me - could you bring the filter and if it fits, I'll have it anyway (if that's OK)

Alan

• 4 weeks later...