• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

back garden startrail and Orion

Guest Si2504

this was taken on my back garden, with moderate light pollution and a crescent moon. just camera and tripod, samyang 14mm f/2.8. 230 images @ 30 seconds each then combined in starstax. total exposure of 2hrs.

12549035_10208280628958500_5303893416822

this image of Orion was also taken from my backgarden with a canon 70d and a Sigma 35mm f/1.4 art, again just sat on a tripod. single 6 second exposure.

12496182_10208349158031684_8576708346085

both images had a little light level adjustment in Lightroom.

+1 for the star trail image Simon. That could be an image of the month contender :good3:

I agree with Mick : the houses in the foreground really add to the image.

Amazing what a 30s exposure does to interior lights......you'd think your neighbours house was on fire :lol:

2 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

+1 for the star trail image Simon. That could be an image of the month contender :good3:

I agree with Mick : the houses in the foreground really add to the image.

Amazing what a 30s exposure does to interior lights......you'd think your neighbours house was on fire :lol:

Lol, yes. I did try my best in lightroom to dampen down the glow of the neighbours light, but it wasn't having any of it without making it look totally unnatural.

Smashing star trail - and I like the widefield Orion too cos it's very close to what you see through a pair of 10x50 binocs with the shape of M42 clearly visible. Good example. :)

Edited by Brantuk