• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Horse and Flame driving me mad

Sheila

Well i have processed this several times and each time i get fed up.  I look at it on a different computer, calibrated the same and it looks different on each :wacko:  So i have no idea

what it will look like to all of you, but it is very difficult to get anything decent i dont know why.  Bout 15 hours evenly between Ha, Sii and Oiii.  Done with the Tak 106 extended.  10 min subs unguided

ALso I do not like Alnitak anymore :lol:  its tooooooo bright

think I prefer the second attempt further down the page but still not quite there so will post that attempt up here for comparison

0304ee70e6a2070cb578c7bf8235f764.1824x0_

4bca7457cc91d31bd58f6f62efee16ec.1824x0_

Edited by Sheila
  • Like 3

yeah tried to get rid of those but no joy :lol:  will go back to it another night, was ready to throw computer out the window

so gave up :lol: 

No leave them in they are brilliant.

I know what you mean with the difference between computers, why cannot they all have the same display characteristics it would make life a lot simpler. 

You might not be happy with it but I don't believe I have ever seen the pair of them up close like that before.

:thumbsup:

Have you tried a different palette? Not sure I like that one, it's a bit too muddy green for me. I split the channels out and the red looks a bit blown out I think (some dark haloes around some of the stars on the right). I've never used Maxim, does it have tools to erode structures, shrink stars?

No idea on Maxim, just stack it in there, not really explored it much, will have a look

at changing the colours and see if it improves.  As i said got fed up so left it and will

go back when i am less annoyed with it :lol:  

if all else fails with Alnitak

in ps lasso it and then attack with minium filter of 1 or 2 and do it a couple of times

its a bit crude but might work

or try star bloat removal in annies or astronomy  tools

Edited by Ibbo

8 minutes ago, Ibbo said:

if all else fails with Alnitak

in ps lasso it and then attack with minium filter of 1 or 2 and do it a couple of times

its a bit crude but might work

or try star bloat removal in annies or astronomy  tools

well looking at some other folks attempts they have Alnitak bout 4 times bigger than mine :o  did do Annies on it but did not seem to make a lot of difference

Will give it another go and see what i can do

19 minutes ago, Ibbo said:

Alnitak should be banned as should gamma cass

And they ought to move Deneb several 

degrees west for binocular viewing of ngc7000 :D

Alnitak is a PITA but here are one or two other stars in there not playing ball.

Have you got a rogue couple of subs in the stack?

having said that the last process is a lot better

Very interesting following this Sheila, not being a photographer, I like em all ?, They all look good to me, but I sense your frustration.

Thanks for sharing, 

cheers!