• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Recent efforts.

Guest ollypenrice

Guest ollypenrice

Hi All,

I've not posted here recently due mainly to old age and absent mindedness! So what have we been up to in SE France?  First up is a big mosaic in HaOIIIRGB using all our in-house toys at once, some parts with guests and some just in collaboration with co-owners Tom O'Donoghue and Yves Vand den Broek. The widefield was in the dual Tak FSQ106N/full format CCD but the Jellyfish, M35 and Monkey Head had TEC 140 data added to tweak resolution. I was excited to find the outer OIII shell round the Jellyfish. I didn't know it was there. Worth a look if you have the filter.

IC443%20M35%20Monkeyhead%20HaOIIILRGB%20

Then we tried the Astronon 3nm Ha filter on the Rosette for the first time last week. Most of this data came from a single night (though in a dual rig so call that two nights if you like!) I blended a little older data into the core of the nebula but all the faint stuff came in one session.

ROSETTE%20from%20LES%20GRANGES%20Web-X3.

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice

Hi Olly

thought you had retired :lol: (only joking ;)) Both images are stunning and at least you are getting some clear skies, unlike 

here in the UK, it is awful :(  

Sheila

Edited by Sheila

Fantastic Olly and I`m happy to see you back, it was only the other day I came across some of your older pictures and wondered what you were up to....

Another set of awesome pictures, truly fantastic.

:2thumbsup:

Hi Olly. Thankyou for sharing your beautiful images with us.

I never realised there was a monkey and jellyfish hiding up there in Gemini ! I know an eskimo resisdes there somwhere......;)

As Shelia says the weather here is truly God awful. 

As bad as i can remember it from an astronomy point of view.

Imogen is visiting the UK today, (the Nanny state Met office has recently stated to name these seasonal squalls :lol:) and at this rate we'll soon be reaching the end of the alphabet !

Guest ollypenrice
43 minutes ago, Daz Type-R said:

Fantastic Olly and I`m happy to see you back, it was only the other day I came across some of your older pictures and wondered what you were up to....

Another set of awesome pictures, truly fantastic.

:2thumbsup:

Thanks. An enormous amount of time went into the Orion 400 hour mosaic which Tom O'Donoghue and I did together. (Runner up in the APOTY Comp.) Then we had a very busy year with guests so I haven't posted everything we've done. 

ORION%20400%20HRS%20WEB-M.jpg

This was another mosaic from Crescent to Tulip. 

Tulip%20Crescent%20Web-L.jpg

...and we tried to drag out the SN remnant which sometimes glimmers faintly near VDB152. The red is deliberately intense to show the remnant more clearly.

VDB152%20HaOIIILRGB27Hrs-L.jpg

Also a Cave nebula combining focal lengths again. It's nothing special technically but for some reason I like this one.

CAVE%20HaRGB%20WEB-L.jpg

So no, not retired! ABout to become a step-grandfather though. Very exciting!

Olly

Guest ollypenrice
54 minutes ago, BAZ said:

You have done it again there Olly, just gorgeous images. But then you have had the best of the weather. :D

I confess! Mind you, we've had a rum spell in late Jan/early Feb. It's the same in Spain. Everyone's suffering. We had a cracking autumn though.

Olly