• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

new pc and dual screen monitors

red dwalf

Bought a newer, faster, more powerful pc, why I dont know the other did fine, but at least it's semi future proof now, one big advantage is it runs all the new software from stellarium and I can plug dual monitors into it, been a pain loading all the software onto it, looks like everything works apart from the ascom driver for the hitec astro dc focuser, worked brill on the xp 32 bit machine but keeps crashing on the new one when connected to nebulosity 3, no biggy I can use the software from hitec for it.

IMG_20160227_173842.jpg

Dell t3500 xeon processor, nvidea quardro 300 card and 6gb of ram running windows 7 pro,

More than I need really.

That's the plan Graham, nothing worse than trying to stack 2 or 3 gb of fits images in deepsky stacker, takes ages, I can gave all my programs in view on rhe monitors rather than keep minimizing them.

Get you, two screens! 

Nice one Rob, that should keep you happy for a while. I say that, I have no idea what you have got, it's all like a countdown puzzle before they start. :D

First time testing tonight, all the software and setting up is a nightmare, seems to be running ok now with a few teething problems with astro tortilla and my phd graph looks awful.

He's a slightly better pic taken in the day.

IMG_20160228_152036.jpg