• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Avalon Linear Fast Reverse, 115 EDT-APO, RC8 +++++ - PART SOLD

fwm891

Astro for sale items:

Altair Astro Wave Series 115 EDT-APO refractor. C/w: 1.0x and 0.79x Planostar flatfield correctors, 2 inch tube adapter, tube rings, standard focuser and losmandy style mounting plate. Very clean optically (includes test chart) very minor marking on the tube exterior (sticky tape adhesive mainly). Also a homemade motorised focusing attachment via stepper motor which links to the 10:1 fine focus knob. Aluminium case. Collection only. £1300.00

Altair Astro (GSO) 8 inch RC Astrograph with Carbon Fibre tube. C/w: 3 extension tubes, tip/tilt focuser adapter, secondary heater (and controller), homemade off-axis focus adjustable guider assembly (will take Lodestar guider), 2 losmandy style mounting plates, standard focuser. Also a homemade motorised focusing attachment via stepper motor which links to the 10:1 fine focus knob. Original double cardboard/polystyrene box. Collection only. £800.00

Avalon Linear Fast Reverse EQ mount. C/w: mounting plate for pier/tripod, counterweight and counterweight shaft extension. Original box and instructions. Collection only.  £2950.00

Starlight Xpress Lodestar mono CCD camera/guider £250.00 + insured postage.

Eight inch steel pier (Astrotech) with adjustable mounting plate at the top and fixed flange with 3 bolt holes at its base. Collection only. £125.00

Home built roll-off-roof observatory. Internal dimensions 1.8 x 1.8 metres plus a side pod for laptop/computer/accessories with lower storage area. Wall construction: tantalised shiplap outer skin, moisture barrier, 25mm insulation and inner skin of 12mm OSB. Aluminium rolling roof with aluminium roof covering to side pod and front drop down flap. Roof construction: 18mm plywood sides and 3x2 bracing for the aluminium roof. Roof rolls on 8 wheels in aluminium side channels. Full height door with 5 leaver lock. Walls are sectional each being attached to the 100x100mm corner posts. New timber floor plates will be needed. This item is a £100 donation to Cancer Research and help with the deconstruction. Collection only.

PM me if interested in any of the above

Thanks for looking

Edited by Daz Type-R
Update

20 minutes ago, Graham said:

Francis :o

You selling up ????

Hi Graham,

Yes in a way. Were moving house, I need a bigger workshop area as I'm now building acoustic guitars and other musical things. I plan to stay with astronomy in a smaller capacity getting a more modest scope/mount combo at some stage. most of the places we've been looking at don't lend themselves to observatories in the back garden either due to size or street lamps.

Francis

Thats a shame Francis thought you were going to be settled there.

All the best with it. :2thumbsup:

Info:

The sale of these bits is due to moving house. I'm also involved in building acoustic guitars and other instruments so a larger workshop has become a major priority and most of the places we've seen with the workshop space don't lend themselves to serious astronomy due to street lighting or restricted outside space.

You can always buy this place and I'll throw the obsy etc in....

Francis

• Like 2

Some items have now sold and one withdrawn so I'm reposting the remainder as individual adds

Mod - you can delete this add/thread. Francis