• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Skywatcher “Bits & Bobs” for Sale - SOLD

gfletcher

I have the following Skywatcher parts for sale from ST80 package (ALL BRAND NEW)

Skywatcher ST80 Tube Rings -  £10

Skywatcher 6 x 30 Finderscope and Mounting Bracket - £10

Skywatcher 10mm and 25mm Eyepieces – Both for £10

Skywatcher  X2 Barlow Lens - £10

OR TAKE THE COMPLETE PACKAGE FOR  £30

Edited by Daz Type-R

Hi Graham. I'll take the finder and the 2 EP's please. Can you pm me to sort payment etc. Thanks, Alan. 

Eyepieces and finderscope Now SOLD.

Tube rings and Barlow lens still for sale

Hi Graham,

Pm'd you and paid up! I recently bought an 1970's Janik 60mm x 700mm refractor off the bay. It's an all metal version of the cheapies that are advertised these days. It has the 0.965" EP's so I'm going to try to adapt the 1 1/4" EP's to fit as the small ones have a tiny FOV and very little eye relief. The main problem with these little scopes is the completely useless finder though. I like a red dot but it wouldn't look right on this scope so I'll paint the SW finder white the same as the original.

I was surprised how nice the owl cluster NGC 457 looked through it and that I could see the GRS on Jupiter, as a dark dot, at 56xmag. It has a prism diagonal, (not AMICI) these are said to give very high contrast and that certainly is true of this one. I'm just interested to see what can be seen through one of these little scopes.

Alan.