• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Avalon Linear Fast Reverse EQ mount - SOLD

fwm891

Due to an impending house move I'm dismantling my observatory and selling the contents ready for a fresh start.

Avalon Linear Fast Reverse Eq mount asking : £2800.00

Avalon Linear Fast Reverse EQ Mount
Avalon Linear Fast Reverse Equatorial Mount Head with pier/tripod (NEQ6 and others) adapter - (no tripod).
Serial number 13/110 purchased from Ian King July 2013 (have receipt) Avalon warranty certificate and user manual.
Clean, very quiet in operation, handles my dual mounted 8 inch RC and 115 refractor plus DSLR and CCD imaging cameras with ease. I use this remotely from my conservatory via usb cables. It has a hand controller (still in original packaging unused) for use at dark sites or where a PC/laptop is not an option.
Photos below show the mount from different angles and reboxing.
Used with a guide camera (OAG or separate scope) the correction responses are instant giving exposures of 30 mins easily at my location
Asking £2800.00 (Collected) I can post but it would be at cost to the buyer - likely to be expensive given its overall weight

AvFR_01_sml.jpg

AvFR_02_sml.jpg

AvFR_03_sml.jpg

AvFR_05_sml.jpg

AvFR_08_sml.jpg

Edited by Daz Type-R

Edit:

Sara Wager kindly sent me some comments on her experiences with Avalon mounts new and older - reproduced with permission from an add on Astronomy Shed site:

Can I just say Francis that having used a Linear Fast reverse extensively for 2.5 years, it really is a great mount. Like you, mine churned out 30m subs without effort and I can honestly say that the mount never dropped a sub in all that time (I did as did the conditions, but the mount was totally reliable)

One thing worth noting about this one is that it uses the SynScan motherboard which Avalon no longer ship with. I have used both the Synscan and Avalons StarGo and in my opinion, the SynScan is FAR superior. It works with EQMOD and is so much more reliable than I found the StarGo system.

I thought I'd mention this as if anyone is thinking of this mount you can no longer get the Synscan version ...... in that respect alone this particualr mount is worth its weight in gold.

I hope you don't mind me adding my 2p worth Francis, but as an owner for a few years there's a couple of things worth mentioning having used both systems.

Thanks Sara

• 2 weeks later...