• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

6" F8 Helios Refractor - SOLD

philjay

Continuing clearing stuff that I haven't used for yonks, this is my 6" Helios F8 Achromatic refractor project.

I completed it, used it a few years then robbed the focuser for another project.

So the sale is for the refractor OTA, rings, original dew shield plus homebrew extra long dew shield, dovetail  NO FOCUSER.

Condition, OTA great, objective clean but previous owner was not careful and anti reflective coating has gone in places that can only be seen if viewed in a certain light and angle.

This is no disaster, the scope is still eminently useable and I challenge anyone to detect the difference the matt spot has.

It has no effect on DSOs (which this scope is brilliant on), solar with full aperture filter has no effect, planetary no observable effect, lunar a slight effect due to the brightness of the subject. I challenge anyone to show me the difference in views between this and one with perfect coatings.

Selling at £90 to EMS members, (not to folks who join EMS to just buy this) collect, or I may be able to deliver to a meet.

Basic R&P  SW Focusers can be got off UKABS for anything between 20 to 40 squid depending on spec so you could have a bosting light bucket for about £125

Finder, focuser, eyepiece, diagonal, mount, flowerpots are not included in the sale:)

helios1a.jpg

helios-2.jpg

Edited by Daz Type-R

Forgot to say, it takes 2 sizes of focuser, small SW and larger SW refractor. The focuser fits with just 3 screws, so is easy to fit. I will even provide an Allen key.

But the sale includes that I will fit the focuser and collimate the scope for those not sure how to do it

I can't believe you are selling a scope, you normally collect them. Maybe not enough brass on it! :lol:

Yep Martyn, I built this for galaxy bagging with my Mintron but since the Mintron has gone belly up Ive robbed the focuser :D then the rest of it has been sitting in the loft of the garage doing nothing.

PM sent Dave