• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Old autoguider - SOLD

Tweedledee

I have come into possession of the following, alien (to me), item. :dontknow:

No doubt someone will tell me that it was state-of-the-art soon after Galileo's observations of Jupiters moons. :D

If it is of any use, it is FOC to a good home.

Otherwise please tell me to chuck it in the bin. :)

pictor.jpg

Edited by Daz Type-R

They are a bit of a pain to set up and get going but do a reasonable job when working right.

Be good for someone just getting into astro photography and wants to try guiding.

Edited by Graham

I must add that is not my photo

after many hours of frustration mine eventually got volleyed into a brick wall, stomped on and attacked with a larger hammer than that.

I assure you the bits where much smaller than that.

I went out the next day bought a 10 quid webcam from Staples which was taken to bits and modded within 30 mins of coming out of the packet to become the guide cam, very succesfully at the time.

it was a proper Basil moment

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ibbo said:

this is very like how mine met its maker

201xt.jpg

That is close to what I was going to do to the Synguider I misguidedly (get it :-) ) bought not long after they came out. What a faff and pain to use.

5 hours ago, glider said:

Hi Pete.

Looks interesting. I'm willing to give it a go.

PM'd you :thumbsup:

I thought Steve might have been tempted to give it another try! :D

i did have a look at the instructions for setting this up.... And decided to stay away from the dark side... ?

• 2 months later...

You can close this thread down now thanks.

Noel is tinkering with the autoguider now. I'm sure he will let us know if he has any success, or otherwise put up a photo of some novel way to destroy it :)