• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Wood Cutting Facilities

Brantuk

I finally found a place that does Ebony Star lookylike material to go with the PTFE bearings in my link above.

Still searching for proper load bearing felt - meanwhile this is the formica and precise grade needed for anyone who's doing a similar project:

http://www.idsurfaces.co.uk/c-3379-international-decorative-surfaces-f1782-stardust.aspx

Thanks Kim.

Some useful hard to find resources coming up on this thread :thumbsup:

Once I have the wood Pete - I'll start another "build thread" with a more appropriate title and do some narrative with techniques, pics, and links to all the sources I used - plus any extra info added here from yourself and Mick. It'll take a while though - there's a 3 week lead time on the wood alone. :)

4 hours ago, Daz Type-R said:

And people say my dob is too complicated.  :huh:

:rofl:

Your Dob is the top of the range, super luxury, state of the art 200P. :thumbsup:

P for Pimped :thumbsup:

• Like 2