• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

PotM March 2016

Sheila

Well time flies, cant believe it’s the end of March already :o

Time for another picture of the month

This month we had 34 images, not including the post that was not imaged by the poster, but it was

a cool image (Daz and the plane and sun) :D and I also left out the image I posted.

In DSO’s we were treated to

Sunny Phil              Perseus, Beehive and Melotte 111, nice group of images there Phil

Red Dwalf              gave us the Horsehead and Jellyfish, both very professional renditions

Si2504                    with a very nice image of M31 with loads of detail

Ibbo                      a very detailed almost 3d image of IC405

Andyboy1970         chose M45 one of my favourite subjects and very well done by him

Whizzbang             imaged IC1805 and the Jellyfish, both very nice images

Philjay                    A quick M51 and very pretty too, really liked it and looking forward to more data

being added

Lunar

Philjay                  gave us Valles Alps and 1st Lunar light with the Df  Both excellent

Solar

Ibbo                      being very prolific this month as the Sun showed its face to us after a long rest

Philjay                  also posting some realy special images of our nearest star

Graham                even graham managed to catch the sun too in a nice ‘smash and grab’ image

EDIT...  This is the bit i forgot to paste in in my hurry, sorry guys 

Planetary

Johnnyaardvark      Nice image of Jupiter , Io and Europa, nice capture

Werisit                  with another Jupiter and Calisto transit, don’t think I have ever seen one of these

Graham                Gave us a Jupiter blast and then a proper one  J  with GRS in residence

Brady                   Had first light on Jupiter with GRS, nice first light

Astrohobbyman     I think this was a process on Jupiter of some earlier data

Catman                 with usual high quality super sharp images of Jupiter with GRS

Very difficult to chose between them as as usual, but I am tasked with having to pick one

Ibbo with Sol 7-3-2016 Ha a bit of Prom Action would have to be my choice for march PotM

Sheila

Edited by Sheila

Fantastic image Steve well done on PoTM.

And thank you Sheila and well done everyone else.

Congrats Steve :) Shame the planetary images were left out of the round up for March :(

well deserved Steve,

congrates to everyone that managed to capture at least something, that it self was an achievement. 

On 01/04/2016 at 21:54, catman161 said:

Congrats Steve :) Shame the planetary images were left out of the round up for March :(

I did not leave them out and did look at them. Just forgot to copy and paste that bit in :(. Sorry. Will paste it in when I get home tomorrow.  I rushed a bit cos I wanted to get it done as I was away for a couple of days.   Sorry 

Edited by Sheila

11 hours ago, catman161 said: Congrats Steve [emoji4] Shame the planetary images were left out of the round up for March [emoji20]

I did not love them out and did look at them. Just forgot to copy and paste that bit in [emoji20]. Sorry. Will paste it in when I get home tomorrow.  I rushed a bit cos I wanted to get it done as I was away for a couple of days.   Sorry 

No worries Sheila :)

Congratulations Steve, you have turned out some nice solar recently.

Thanks to all the other contributors, here's to better weather before the nights get too light.

Thanks for the round up Sheila. 

Nice one Steve, a lot of interesting stuff going on and I liked the one showing the earth to scale :thumbsup:

I also liked Philjays extreme zoom on Valle Alpes although the moon is not really my thing.

It was never going to win though, as he probably cheated and took it without a scope from lunar orbit ;)