• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Recommend a good reasonably priced Barlow lens.

Starman 1967

I'm looking to get a 2x Barlow lens  2" or 1.25". can any body recommend a good one for a reasonable price? Around £50 mark

Edited by Starman 1967

If you can find one get a TAL barlow, they are very good but quite rare now because of their popularity.

+1 for the TAL. Expect to pay around the £30 - £35 mark. If you are after a decent budget 2" Barlow, keep an eye out for a SkyWatcher ED one, these can be picked up for around the same sort of price range. I have one of these and it performs well.

1 hour ago, BAZ said:

+1 for the TAL. Expect to pay around the £30 - £35 mark. If you are after a decent budget 2" Barlow, keep an eye out for a SkyWatcher ED one, these can be picked up for around the same sort of price range. I have one of these and it performs well.

I think the Revelation 2" ED barlow is identical to the Skywatcher. I'm sure there are several others with the name 2" ED and other suppliers names that are all the same. I used to have the Revelation and it performed great for a cheap price. They all come with a 2" to 1.25" reducer.

recommend the above, Revelation make some excellent stuff for a lot less than so called other makes that simply add there sticker to them and double the price, i have one and it very adaptable being 1.25" and 2" compatible, for the money it`s a bargain, i also like the Orion shorty plus, exactly the same as the celestron ultima but angin half the price although this is only 1.25".

Edited by red dwalf

Funnily enough I was about to post a for sale thread as I have a TAL 2x barlow and a Revelation 2" barlow i'm getting rid of! (Dont think i have the 1.25" adapter for the revelation though)

How much you asking for them and why are you selling? ☺