• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Another Lincolnshire newbie

Guest Karen

Guest Karen

Hello all,

I am from Doddington Park just south of Lincoln. I haven't lived there long I moved up from London. I have been doing visual astronomy for a couple of years now. I started with binoculars, then I got a 127mm Maksutov, then a 10 inch dobsonian mount reflector and that's where the aperture fever stops!

I hope to get more involved with EMS and East Lincs Astro Society for some dark sky observing as my back garden views are pretty limited. I have already met a few members on here at Gibraltar Point. I hope the skies stay clear this weekend. The weather forcast looks good.

Hi Karen, good to have you on board.

Apature fever never stops......it just goes on and on and on and on................. ;)

Welcome to EMS.

Edited by Daz type-r

Hi Karen and welcome to the forum. I remember you from Gibraltar Point. 4 of us were there again last sunday when there was no Moon and the sky was great, really dark and i think it has the potential to be a great dark site.

Hi Karen, a warm welcome to EMS.

There ain't no cure for aperture fever, it's just in a dormant phase with you at the moment! :D

It will kick in again, usually at a star party with a twenty inch dob being involved.

In the mean time enjoy the forum, any questions just fire away.

Hi Karen, apart from Dave (Cosmic Dave) I was the other one at Gibralter Point, glad you've joined us, welcome :)

Hi and welcome.

There is a cure for aperture fever its called moving into Astrophotography (bigger money pit)

Hi Karen, welcome to EMS! :)

Sorry for making you register twice the other night, the forum had a hiccup just after you had registered. :(

Guest Karen

Hi Karen, welcome to EMS! :)

Sorry for making you register twice the other night, the forum had a hiccup just after you had registered. :(

I probably caused the hiccup . Thanks for all the welcomes. It's nice to hear from some I met at Gibraltar Point. I can assure you aperture fever is stopping at a 10inch Dobsonian. But maybe one day... :rolleyes:

Guest Tweedledum

HI Karen,

Welcome to EMS, thought my apperture fever would stop with my 10" SCT, wrong!!. Just sold it and the 127mm frac awaiting opportunity on something bigger...

Good luck with the new scope :P

Cheers

Damain