• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Tuning rings - FOUND

Tweedledee

Can anyone sell me any 2" tuning rings please?

They are quiet expensive for what they are when new.

Could do with 28mm, 14mm or any 2" filter rings without the filter. I need to fit my coma corrector at varying positions for different eyepieces.

Edited by Daz Type-R

I do have some Pete, I have two 8mm hyperions and use the rings to make one a very cumbersome high power eyepiece. 

I'll swop them for one of your cheap eyepieces, you know the ones?

I may have a spare 28mm ring - will dig it out in the morning if it's still where I think it is. :)

15 hours ago, tuckstar said:

I do have some Pete, I have two 8mm hyperions and use the rings to make one a very cumbersome high power eyepiece. 

I'll swop them for one of your cheap eyepieces, you know the ones?

15 hours ago, Brantuk said:

I may have a spare 28mm ring - will dig it out in the morning if it's still where I think it is. :)

Thanks Andy and Kim. If you want to sell them, just PM me with a price including postage and your PayPal email and we can sort it.

Got a .965 Huyghenian and an old unbranded plossl for swapsies, if that's what you meant Andy :P.

9 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

Got a .965 Huyghenian and an old unbranded plossl for swapsies, if that's what you meant Andy :P.

Thanks but no thanks. I do need a new high mag eyepiece and when I do get one they'll be available, but the es 14mm is next then maybe the 5.5.

If you need to try them to make sure your welcome to borrow them.

7 hours ago, tuckstar said:

Thanks but no thanks. I do need a new high mag eyepiece and when I do get one they'll be available, but the es 14mm is next then maybe the 5.5.

If you need to try them to make sure your welcome to borrow them.

Thanks for the loan offer Andy, but I really just need to buy the rings to mix and match.

As an alternative to the ES 5.5mm 100 degree, consider the SW Myriad 5mm 110 degree. It is a bargain from Bristol Camera right now...

http://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/p-skywatcher-myriad-5mm-mwa-110-eyepiece.htm

Bristol Camera price is £165 at the moment with free shipping, but FLO is £229 - same eyepiece :thumbsup:

The 5mm 110 has exactly the same true field as the 5.5mm 100 but with slightly higher power and an even wider spacewalk experience.

4 hours ago, Brantuk said:

Pm'd :)

Thanks Kim, that one will do for starters :thumbsup:

I'm still looking for some more spacer rings if anyone has any to sell.

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 18:09, Graham said:

Pete

What exactly are you after. 

Hi Graham,

Got a 28mm one from Kim, thanks.

Could do with a 14mm and a couple of empty 2" filter rings.

I'm sure it would not be worth your time to make a 14mm Graham, I can get them new for just £11 plus postage. Unless of course you have some kicking around spare. :)

18 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

Hi Graham,

Got a 28mm one from Kim, thanks.

Could do with a 14mm and a couple of empty 2" filter rings.

I'm sure it would not be worth your time to make a 14mm Graham, I can get them new for just £11 plus postage. Unless of course you have some kicking around spare. :)

Not being a visual sort of guy I dont have any but if you get stuck let me know.

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

Not being a visual sort of guy I dont have any but if you get stuck let me know.

Thanks Graham :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, I now have tuning rings to fit my Baader Multi Purpose Coma Correktor MPCC Mark III at the correct spacing to any of my eyepieces - well maybe :lol:

28mm from Kim, thanks.

14mm from 365 Astronomy £11.60

2x 5mm Pair of 48mm (2") filter holders from Astroboot £1.75

Edited by Tweedledee
  • Like 2