• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M3

philjay

Ta guys.

Its normally crisper in this scope with this camera (I haven't sharpened the image) but I reckon atmospherics had something to do with the slight soft look. My PA and guiding were spot on, guiding at f7.5 instead of the finder guider is much nicer with this scope.

10 minutes ago, Graham said:

Cracking image Phil.

I am assuming that is the 314 colour.

Yup 314l+ OSC, I don't have the patience for all this RGB mallarky:D

I like that Phil :thumbsup: I find that globs are way more difficult to image nicely (as you have done here) than they look like they should be.

It is a bit soft, but you have got some nice colours in there. I like the difference between the older stars in the outer shell and the newer hotter blue stars in the core.

OK added a bit more data last night and had a quick play, I want to try and process again as there are some rogue frames in there. A lot more to play with in there and I may have played too much but as a tester for the long FL rig revisited Im happy. I did try a single 4 minute sub on M51 and despite being wrecked by clouds the image scale was promising.

M3 29_300416.jpg

• Like 3

I liked the first one and I like this one too, it shows a the 'red' stars in a better light ? 

Good tracking, showing pin point stars with a nice dark contrasting background... Great to look at!

Ta folks

My last bash at this, hope it looks OK on here. Processing isn't my forte and its been awhile with DSOs so I have to build the momentum up again.

The rogue frames weren't, theres some misalignment in the second nights data, I can only thing its when I knocked the cam when setting up again.

enhance.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Phil, seems a bit like déjà vu ?.

I seem to remember saying this before too but I like the first, second and now the third. ?

You are getting your hand in now Phil, but I am starting to see stars before my eyes...:wacko:

Great stuff Phil ? You keep em coming and I will keep on looking, cheers!

• Like 2

:lol:Thanks Steve, it seems a bit much posting images of the same object but at least it shows the painful progress to do an image like this after forgetting most of it over the past few years :). Imaging at F7.5 isn't as easy as at F5 or 6, for one guiding is a lot more critical hence the use of the ED80 and guiding at the same FL as the imaging FL.

Ive enjoyed it and its got the remaining grey cells working again.

Weather permitting hope to bag a few more objects this year on this rig, M31 is next for sure.

• Like 1

I have enjoyed looking at the process and progress too, and now looking forward to M31 etc!  ?

Like I said keep em coming Phil, it is all very interesting and one day I might have a crack at this photography malarkey myself, I do have most of the gear, I have got the bug for actually looking at stuff at the moment ?

Cheers!

Really nice image Phil. Lovely colour and detail. Especially like your final processing. 1st and 3rd are both good though. 

• 2 weeks later...