• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

End of an era..

RonC

Well with the house move getting closer (no date yet!) it is time to dismantle the roll on-roll off obsy and pier.

I must have made a good job of installing the pier as I've asked the fellow that's bought our house round to try and demolish/move it, no luck so far...

To be continued...

Pier-1sm.jpg

Edited by Ron Clarke

Always sad to see an abandoned pier.

Still on the bright side Ron you will soon have a brand new obs to build :lol: 

You can now enjoy starting again, planning and building the mark 2 version Ron :thumbsup:

I remember removing my old steel obsy pier, including the cubic metre of concrete it was in. The first electric breaker I hired wasn't man enough for the job. The second did it, but took me all day after which I was exhausted and worried about vibration white finger! :o

This was mine when I first built it, a long time ago, my daughter in the picture is now at university :)

pit.jpg  birchgroveobsypier.jpg

Well, with the help of a BIG hammer the pier was removed and I also took the obsy/shed apart as well. :(

Obsy-dismantledsm.jpg