• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

No Substitute For Total Exposure Time

StuartJPP

It's a pleasure to look at these Stuart, it is good to see the improvement when you have more data to play with! ?

Thanks for posting! ?

Wow the difference is amazing Stuart.

You have captured all the whispy stuff, looks brilliant.

Thanks guys...

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

You have captured all the whispy stuff, looks brilliant.

I am hoping that after a "proper" processing session I can get more of it to show through...those processing sessions can last a few days though trying various tools.

Edited by StuartJPP

Yep no substitute for data, makes life not so much easier but better for processing.

That second image is interesting in that the galactic integrated flux is coming through. More data will get it Im sure

Data data and yet more data the golden rule.

That was a brilliant picture it is now stunning.:2thumbsup:

Just think what it will be like with another 10 hours worth of data :)

Stunning actually. I like that you get so much with just 400ISO but I guess the speed of the lens really helps there.

The reds on the cigar are also quite special. What is the difference between baader modified and astromodified. I have seen some images using astromodified cameras that almost seem to allow too much H alpha... Reds... is that down to processing or does the baader filter make the difference?

I certainly need to get out more and collect more data!!

Thanks for sharing. Great contrast here.

S

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They are both good, but blimey, the quality with more data is just outstanding. Well done Stuart.

As Graham said, data,data and more data! Just need the sky to stay clear long enough to do it!! Well done that is now a cracking image! :)

Cheers

Ron

Cracking images, well done. You can't beat more images and more time..... Had a go at M81 myself last night, can't wait to process it. The weather's been awful lately. Last night was a real gem....

Dave

They are very good images Stuart and great detail

Thanks again everybody...I think the consensus is that data is king!

On 02/05/2016 at 23:45, Johnnyaardvark said:

Stunning actually. I like that you get so much with just 400ISO but I guess the speed of the lens really helps there.

The reds on the cigar are also quite special. What is the difference between baader modified and astromodified. I have seen some images using astromodified cameras that almost seem to allow too much H alpha... Reds... is that down to processing or does the baader filter make the difference?

I certainly need to get out more and collect more data!!

Thanks for sharing. Great contrast here.

S

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I replaced the LPF-2 filter with a Baader BCF2 filter. Some modifications are full spectrum i.e. both LPF-1 and LPF-2 are removed. Some people only remove the LPF-2 filter only. I wanted to ensure that I could achieve infinity focus so the Baader filter basically replaces the Canon one like-for-like. As you say, it just allows more Ha to get through.

The removal of the LPF-2 filter really does make a difference, the reds pop out if the area is rich in Ha.

• Like 1