• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hen Coud & Jodrell Bank

philjay

A few from a walkabout with the Df today. Nicely rounded off with dinner at the Roaches tea rooms  :D

A couple of panos

hencloud.jpg

Hencloudpan1.jpg

The white blob on the right horizon in the above pano is the telescope

Below is Jodrell Bank from the top of Hen Cloud

Jodrell.jpg

A climber picking a route

Pickingaroute.jpg

The Roaches

roachesgate.jpg

The Rock House in mono, camera HDR

RockhouseHDR.jpg

An amusing seat

seat.jpg

Edited by philjay
  • Like 4

Beautiful day for it Phil.

I was stuck at work............:wacko:

A lovely place Phil been there a few times.

Great photo's as well, especially love the panos

Wonderful weather and some breathtaking views. Sounds like a great day out Phil :thumbsup:

I had the morning off and did a very enjoyable 3 hour dog walk in some lovely countryside near to Mansfield.

Nice one Phil, never heard of all that before, defiantly a place I would like to visit.

As you mentioned Perigrine, has anyone been watching the live camera feed of the Perigrine's and their 4 chicks on top of the university at Nottigham?

Ta guys it was a nice morning out. I payed for it the next day though, used up too much reserves in climbing Hen Cloud I reckon, still it was nice to get out and do a little of what I used to do. I can recommend it Daz, Its a lovely place, theres Hen Cloud, The Roaches, Tittesworth Reservoir and of coarse Buxton and Leek nearby. I can recommend the Roaches Tea Rooms as well:)one of the best panoramas from a café around I reckon

Heres a crop at full size from the Jodrell Bank shot. The pic was at the 35mm end of the lens so gives an idea of the quality from the D4 sensor in this camera.

zoom.jpg

Edited by philjay