• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

No batteries required

philjay

This is the main problem with going to auctions for the business, I keep seeing stuff I cannot live without:facepalm: I just sold a scope and a load of stuff I wasn't using anymore to make room, so what do I do, go out and get more stuff  , theres no hope for me the missus reckons. :lol:

A mint Zenza Bronica S2a from late 70s in mint condition with stunning Nikkor 50mm wide angle lens plus 75mm and other bits. This is a pure photograph taking machine. No metering, P, A or S modes just all M. It all tests out OK and wow what a clonk it makes when you press the shutter, you know you've taken a photo with these machines.

This will replace my 1970s Yashica TLR for 6X6 landscape, the 50mm suits the subject matter better than the Yashinon 80mm on the Yashica.

Seeing as I wont be able to get film till tomorrow I took a few glamour shots of it  today with my homebrew white box, so heres one 

bronica2.jpg

Edited by philjay
  • Like 2

Is this a medium format camera Phil ?

(forgive my ignorance)

Yep 6x6 mediumformat. Its a bit of a beast. I had a basket case s2 and liked it. but the s2s were unreliable, the s2a was developed to overcome the s2 probs.

This one is mint and all functions appear to be ok, wont know till Ive put a film through though

Nice..... I've have a Mamiya 645j at work for medium format stuff, but it rarely gets used these days. Looked at a digital back for it, but then saw the price! :facepalm:

The Mamiyas are nice, I have used the c220 professional tlr and loved it but theres something about a medium format slr. 

The digital backs for the any medium format cameras are just silly prices. Its alot cheaper scanning the negs :-)