• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Rubbish Mars, Iffy Saturn, Rubbish Jupiter.

Dean Watson

You know, such rubbish seeing this year I'm thinking of moving to another planetary system.

Gott in himmel, the seeing was rubbish last night.  Jupiters past its best and Mars and Saturn are too low to be worth bothering.  Looks like they were underwater.  Just ordered an ADC so hope that helps, still... Be kind, not my best work but best I could do with the conditions.

23_10_30wave Mars 26-5-16 11.jpg

23_58_47wave Saturn 26-5-16 23 a.jpg

22_25_27wave jupiter 26-5-16 22 crop.jpg

• Like 2

Dont be so hard on yourself Dean.

With the position Mars and Saturn are in they are great shots.

Its not easy trying to shoot through the largest amount of atmosphere .

I'll be interested in seeing your results using the ADC Dean.

What scope are you using ?  

I used an ADC Sat night with the C11 and it did make a difference visually

On saturn with the ADC I mangaed to get the cassini division with out the ADC I could not make it out unlike the night before (Fri)

My local seeing that low down is bad as I am looking dirrectly over roof tops that are giving their heat up

Hi all, yes me too in answer to Rob - CPC1100 with altair gpcam.  done a super Jupiter before so I know its not me or the scope, just our rubbish atmosphere.  Sooner our planetary iron core freezes, the magnetic field stops and the sun strips away our atmosphere like it did for Mars the better as far as I'm concerned.  Well's Martians didn't know when they had it good.  And they caught shocking colds...

I understand your frustration Dean :) but Its not worth bursting a blood vessel about. It is what it is...

It's probably not too bad viewing them from Tenerife :D, but there must be worse places to be than in the Spalding area... 

We just have to make the most of it. I would love to be able to see the smc and lmc from here but hey ho! I ain't moving!

Your images are very good under the circumstances. They are real looking and I like that, so Nice work! ?