• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Skymax 180 Pro OTA - WITHDRAWN

philjay

Continuing the thinning of the herd, Im selling my lunar scope, the SW Skymax 180 Pro. This is a stonking Lunar and planetary scope and I have used it mainly for lunar imaging on which it excels but folks with more knowledge and experience than me rate these as great planetary scopes,

Package

OTA = Flocked internally. Meniscus clean with just a couple minute dust particals, haven't touched it since I got it 3 years ago.

Tube Rings = Orion Optics, well made ally straps which allow better balancing than the usual full length dt bar.

Dovetail = Celestron CGE / Losmandy can easily be replaced with Vixen with just 2 screws, complete with carry handle

Heater = Home made dew heater (Comax resistance wire), works but easily removeable if you want to fit your own

Visual Back = SW 2".

Diagonal = SW 2" with 1.25" adapter

SW Mak to SCT adapter = Astro tech

Crayford focuser = Dual speed Revelation SCT focuser

Finder = 9x50 SW standard. You can either have the right angle one that came with the scope or a straight through. I personally prefer the to use the straight through on a Mak that's why Im offering the iption.

Oh and theres whats left of a long dew shield which a previous owner made. Its a bit old and has suffered by going brittle over the past year or so but its good for a pattern to make your own.,

Price £650 collect or at an EMS meeting

PM me for more images

Please note this is sale of the above listed items only and not the mount, tripod, counterweights. 

mak2.jpg 

mak3.jpg

mak9.jpg

mak7.jpg

Edited by Daz Type-R

• 2 weeks later...

Someone is going to get a bargain with that. It is very nicely kitted out. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...