• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Orion

Brady

I thought i would just post these up for my own sake really, i thought my processing  skills needed to pick up a pace so the past few months i have decided to get my head down, troll through the net and try differnt programs/techniques, ways to combat noise, especialy for the 500D which judging by peoples comments has to be one of the worst for it, even some of the older images i have saved seem to have been given a new lease on life after trying some of the "other" techniques that people use...comments/advice/crittercism more than welcome, thanks for looking 

And Vicky if your looking.....its taken me a year :P

Before

ORION%20MASTER_zpss09axyj0.png

After

ORION%20REPROCESSED_zpsp7pxmshz.jpg

Edited by Brady
  • Like 3

They are both excellent. The second brings out lots more nebula in the outer regions, but loses a bit of intricate detail in the centre.

Yeah blown it out a bit with the sharpening but looking for some lower exposure later in the year for the core, 1st image was processed when taken last November and the second was re processed yesterday...cheers 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I do think an image somewhere in the middle of those two would be ideal. I think the noise removal is a bit overcooked in the second one. You've got some great colour in that and if you add more data, it'll only get better. What settings did you use to get the image?

Top of my head it was 30x90s@iso800 but cant be sure, i will have another pop later in the week..cheers