• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Aliens.

Tweedledee

Aliens: The Big Think. BBC 4. 

Did anyone see this, a 2016 documentary first shown tonight I believe? What a brilliant program, don't know when it will be repeated. No hype, just rational science and the great Sir Martin Rees.

Narrated by Peter Capaldi - Dr. Who.

I like Stephen Hawkings quote...
"I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life is less so. Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth."

Edited by Tweedledee
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

Aliens: The Big Think. BBC 4. 

Did anyone see this, a 2016 documentary first shown tonight I believe? What a brilliant program, don't know when it will be repeated. No hype, just rational science and the great Sir Martin Rees.

Hi Pete, yes I saw this back in April. Martin Rees is a brilliant man! It's an inspirational program.

There is some intelligent life on Earth, but not much! ?

It would be a real shame if we were too stupid to continue to build on what we know instead of concentrating of fighting amongst ourselves. But we are a product of evolution, it is part of our nature, survival of the fittest! ?

3 hours ago, Smithysteve said:

Hi Pete, yes I saw this back in April. Martin Rees is a brilliant man! It's an inspirational program.

There is some intelligent life on Earth, but not much! ?

It would be a real shame if we were too stupid to continue to build on what we know instead of concentrating of fighting amongst ourselves. But we are a product of evolution, it is part of our nature, survival of the fittest! ?

Didn't realise it was a repeat, but glad you enjoyed it too Steve. :thumbsup: