• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Is this the right bit of sky for Rosette?

Perkil8r

As title really, is this the right bit of sky? This is the sum total of 5 x 30sec subs @ 400 ISO Darks and Bias. If this is the right bit of sky, how much exposure etc do I need to start seeing anything of it? Any other hints?

That looks like it, that cluster of stars is a bit of a give away. It is a very faint object.

I was pretty sure it was the right place, but just wanted it confirming ;) thanks.

What sort of exposures will I need to start and get detail? I was only testing the water last night and wanting to make sure I was looking at the right thing since I'll be unlikely to see it naked eye through the scope in the first place. Do I need longer exposures, or can I get away with just loads more of the 30 sec subs? I think I may start to struggle if I try and go beyond 30 secs with my current setup that's all.