• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A few hours on Andromeda..

Brady

3.4 hours worth of 4 minute subs darks flats bias, im sure there is a bit of data there so will add more to it and have a play with the processing as i add more although i wish i could get a smaller image on the chip to be honest, maybe half that size..

ANDRO%20JPEG%20RESIZED%201_zpsspruql1v.j

• Like 2

Well the bit you have got is just stunning, could you not do a mosaic project with it? I don't know if that's possible, just an idea. :)

Cheers Martyn, never thought of that although im sure ive read somewhere that it was done with the horsehead...will have a look..

Nice image. M31 detail shots fascinate me because there is so much stuff in there, globs, nebular, clusters all within the grasp of a backyard scope.

Thats a great Shot Wayne.

If you turn the camera round 45 degrees in the focuser you will get most of it on your set up by running it across the chip diagonally.

Cheers Graham, I know what you mean, I did do it once across the diagonal and there is just a smidging of overhang what I meant was it would be nice to get the galaxy about half the size so it's surrounded by space. ..my own personal preference of coarse..;)