• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Salvaged something from tonight.

Perkil8r

Annoyingly I managed to make a goof with my RAW files which resulted in them being saved to the laptop as JPEG, I wiped the memory card too. Didn't know this had happened untill DSS threw a hissy and told me I couldn't stack them with theRAW's from 20th and 25th.

To cheer myself up I decided to stack the 45 x 30 sec subs in JPEG format, no darks, no flats, no bias. Aligned levels in DSS and adjusted curves in PSCS5, no more, no less. Didn't want to waste too much time on something I thought would be rubbish. I was suprised, and pleased yet annoyed at the same time.......

Anyway, here is 45 subs 30secs @ 400 ISO of M42.

Gutted :wacko::(

That is fantatsic, shame about you losing your raw files but I would still be very happy with the outcome - awesome shot!!

P.s, love the file name of the picture!

I might consider processing that a bit better yet. Having slept on it, it does look quite good. I might be able to mask it with the previous stuff in PS and reveal the core detail a bit better. I'm just dissapointed because I was hoping for the same tonight to add to everything else and start getting some of the real faint detail coming through. We live and learn though I guess.

Now having issues with the batteries not charging at all. Can't find a replacement locally to get back out tonight either :(