• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Bempton RSPB 06.10.2016

Doc

While surfing the birding sites I noticed a very rare bird at Bempton RSPB in Yorkshire. So today I made the trip up there, quite a long way to go as it's a round trip of 250 miles but we saw the rare bird I wanted to see. It's the fourth UK record of a Eastern Crowned Warbler. What a fantastic bird you can easily tell it apart from other warblers.

Also picked out a Yellow Browed Warblers, a Greenish Warbler, and loads of Goldcrests. While walking along the coast path we also saw a Bluethroat.

All in all a great day out with two new ticks.

Total now is 296 birds.

Edited by Doc
  • Like 3

I thought you may have gone up for the albatross that was on the news yesterday.

I bet it was a bit breezy on the tops

The Albatross was only there for a fly by less then a minute so you had to be lucky to see it.

Was spotted at Cley today so making it's way down the East coast.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

The Albatross was only there for a fly by less then a minute so you had to be lucky to see it.

Was spotted at Cley today so making it's way down the East coast.

Thats about one flap :D

Edited by Ibbo