• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Battery Charger

BAZ

Looks like a good buy, and Martyn knows his stuff. I got a 64aH battery and intelligent charger from him back in 2012, and they are still going strong today. :2thumbsup:

Might just get that charger as a spare at that price.

Cheers Martyn.

That's what I thought a few years ago Pete, the original one which has been permanently on all the time for five years is still going strong. The batteries have give up mind you, I will need to replace my two 7ah ones, they are clapped out now. But the charger is giving it to them. They are similar in design to a German C-Tek one that they did, but not as the current one. It's still a bargain for the quality of charger.

I think the Tracer Lithium Polymer batteries are the way to go for power in a small lightweight package but they are really expensive. I use a 22ah one which is very convenient and only 1.2kg.

Martyn, on my 65aH lead acid battery, does a build up of white crystal on the negative terminal indicated a problem?

I know a few guys who use these for motorbikes; they all reckon they are pretty good, particularly for maintaining state of batteries on bikes which are not used for a length of time.

Alan