• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

What a rubbish day I've had.

Doc

What a day....

My conservatory has a UV blue tinted glass roof, the sheets are double glazed and 8ft by 3 ft wide. Well the inner glass sheet of one of these panels decided to explode today, maybe due to the heat I don't know, but it shattered into a million pieces, made a right mess.

Phoned the household insurance and they agreed to cover it and are sending out a glazier tomorrow. Annoying thing is UVFit who supplied it has gone bust so the 10 year guarentee is void.

Never rain but it pours.

Sorry to hear that mick. That must be your quota of bad luck filled now. So a lotto win next :) I'll take a plane wave scope if you do win thanks :))

Ouch

I bet that was a right pig to clean up.

In my experience the sales pitch has always been "it has a 10 year guarantee".

Some companies provide their own guarantee, others offer an insurance back guarantee.

Trouble is just lately a lot of well established companies have gone bang.

Paul

Sorry to hear that mate, I'm sure you're going to be finding that stuff in the nooks and crannies for ages

Pain in the bum that one. Sounds like it was fitted too tight in the first place, this heat shouldn't have stressed it that much.

We are in the same boat, some off the double glazing panels in the windows get moisture in the and mist up.

Same as you, the company went bust.

Is the outer one still intact?

Outer is still intact Martyn. Actually we also get condensation in the sunburst window on the front.

Pain in the bum that one. Sounds like it was fitted too tight in the first place, this heat shouldn't have stressed it that much.

We are in the same boat, some off the double glazing panels in the windows get moisture in the and mist up.

Same as you, the company went bust.

Is the outer one still intact?

So do we, we replaced a load of windows in the bay and then the old ones started misting ! Think it must be the weight from the bay window breaking the units seals.

Have you checked with FENSA to see if they will guarantee the glass?

/>http://www.fensa.co.uk/