• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Fuel nightmare !

cosmic dave

I've got to do a 12 mile round trip to get diesel this morning because the stupid goverment has caused panic to win public support against the tanker drivers, how gullible do they think we are ? Oh and take our minds off the budget...

Edited by cosmic dave

My van's very low on diesel but I refuse to queue, might have to though, need it on Sunday.

Birches on alford rd is the only garage with any round here. Had to queue but now have enough fuel for work til tuesday.

I don`t beleive the Government are totally to blame. People seem to panic anyway and exactly the same thing has happened before when possible strikes have been announced. It is people being selfish and panic buying that causes the fuel shortage. I`m ok as i filled up yesterday morning on my way back to the office :D .

Its totally ridiculous, when I get the van and jerry cans filled today I'd better call round the supermarket and stock up on bread and milk just in case ;)

Its totally ridiculous, when I get the van and jerry cans filled today I'd better call round the supermarket and stock up on bread and milk just in case ;)

So where you gonna find room in your van for your dob? :D

So where you gonna find room in your van for your dob?

I've took the mirrors out and it's fuel of diesel. :D

Managed to get to a petrol station with no queue this morning on the west side of Scunny

Drove straight in next to a vacant pump

Yet on the other side at the retail park it was #chaos #panic

Hope you get topped up OK Paul

I don`t beleive the Government are totally to blame. People seem to panic anyway and exactly the same thing has happened before when possible strikes have been announced. It is people being selfish and panic buying that causes the fuel shortage. I`m ok as i filled up yesterday morning on my way back to the office :D .

All goverments know people are selfish and they exploit that to there advantage.

I was driving around from 5:45am til 6:30 this morning and found petrol at the 6th station I stopped at!! Needed petrol though-Exmoor observing tonight!!

I've heard there were people sleeping on the forecourt of the petrol station in Mablethorpe ready to get fuel this morning.

There was a bit of queue in Louth, not too bad, at least they had diesel, and it was quite amusing to see two old guys, who were old enough to know better, squaring up to each other because one had jumped the queue.

Somebody who works with me, his mum runs a local petrol station and when she got to work this morning there were 4 cars all ready there waiting for her to open up. Completely bonkers!

Well I live in Ipswich down here in rural Suffolk and today Sainsbury's garage ran out of fuel due to peoples stupidity.

I was filling the works truck up yesterday because it was empty and the guy on the oppersite side of the pump to me just managed to squeeze in a total of £7.00's worth of Diesel into his BMW. ????????????????

I went to our local Morrison's when I went to work at seven the other morning, drove straight up to a pump in the van, filled up no drama.

The same night, everyone's gone mental.

Coming home tonight from Derby, via Breadsall, Heanor, Langley Mill, every garage closed including Tesco's.

Have people not noticed the price has gone up two pence a litre as well!....Since the "panic" started.

Muppet's.

Just seen on the news that Unite will not strike over Easter so thats good news, might put a stop to all this panic buying.

Guest Fluke
Just seen on the news that Unite will not strike over Easter so thats good news, might put a stop to all this panic buying.

Doubt it Mick, the morons will continue for a while yet!

Guest Mark Payton

i will be on the hunt for diesel tonight.

The government must accept some of the blame. Remember the public sector strike, the government made a point of saying that the strike would do nothing but inconvenience hard working parents who have to take time off to look after their children.

they tried the same ploy here and the less intelligent members of public fell for it.

political rant over...

You might be more successful early in the morning, 07.00 - 07.30ish. A bit of a pain, but most of them won't be bothered with getting out of the bed before ten on a Saturday. Not after a skin full, a kebab, and a punch up.

Guest Mark Payton

just come back from tesco, filled up ok, i was running on empty.

plenty of hootings of horns.

its pitiful really, a bit of a crisis and we all regress 60,000 years!

Much relief with the not striking over easter news, I'm of to the Isle of Mull and which will require two tank fulls for the round trip

Hope the dispute doesn't interfere with Kelling Spring - I've gotta drag a caravan there and back.