• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sw coma corrector or baader mpcc

Bottletopburly

For my F5 sw200p do i go for the baader or the sw im thinking the Baader mk111 mpcc whats your thoughts (for imaging )

• 2 weeks later...

Baader Coma corrector  eventually turned up ,Bernard at Modern Astronomy had to get it from the european distributor as the UK dealer had no stock 

IMG_1183.JPG

No Dob -eq6 though seem to spend more time buying kit than using these days 

3 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

No Dob -eq6 though seem to spend more time buying kit than using these days 

Haha! Yes I hear ya! - I'm very experienced at having all the gear and no idea lol. :)

• Like 1

Middle of last year I was just about ready to dabble into guiding  then we had bad weather then I started patio so didn't do any astronomy  as an incentive to get it done then more bad weather just don't seem to get a minute these days 

2 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

Middle of last year I was just about ready to dabble into guiding  then we had bad weather then I started patio so didn't do any astronomy  as an incentive to get it done then more bad weather just don't seem to get a minute these days 

Life and clouds do seem to scupper plans so regularly. :lol:

I have the Baader MPCC for visual. It is lightweight and handy for screwing into 2" eyepieces, but needs different combinations of fine tuning rings to get the best out of different eyepieces, which can be a bit fiddly in the dark. Got the Altair Astro version also, which is heavier and looks more like a barlow making EP's stick out even more. (Most of my eyepieces stick out a lot without it :D). The AA also slightly amplifies/reduces FOV by about 1.15x whereas the Baader is neutral.

• Like 1