• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Please Read: Changes to admin roles

Doc

I would like to take this opportunity to tell our members that Baz (Martyn) has stepped down from his admin position
due to personal reasons. He will still be a member of the forum and I would like to thank him for all his hard work
and contributions he has made towards EMS.

I have also decided to step down as admin due to a long running illness that is gradually getting worse and needs medical 
attention. I will still be a member of the forum, but need to take a back seat with the running of EMS.

This means that Darren and Mike will become the new admins and I wish them every success in their new roles.

• Like 1

I'd like to thank both Martyn and Mick for all the effort they have both put in to EMS over the years. EMS really would not be what it is today had it not been for them and others along the way. 

• Like 3

Very sorry to hear this news, but glad you are both staying with EMS.

Thanks to you both for over 5 years of great work for EMS, and very best wishes for the future.

Looking forward to lots more posts from you and keeping in touch.

• Like 3

I too would like to echo Mikes comments above. Mick was one of the founders of EMS and all the hard work he and all the other past moderators and admins have put in is truely appreciated.  I wish both Martyn and Mick all the best,I hope their situations improve and that they continue to be a part of the forum in the future.

Mick and Martyn, sorry to hear this news. I hope that both your situations improve very soon, best of luck to you.

Sorry to hear this also and would like to really thank Martyn and Mick for they're encouragement, help and friendship since I joined in 2011. I wish Daz and Mike all the best for the future running of the forum and if I can be of any help then let me know...

Cheers

Ron

I can only echo all of the comments above.

Thanks to you guys this has to be the best forum around.

Sorry to hear this news. Good luck to you both and thanks for all the hard work on this forum and also making me welcome when ever I've met you from EMS1 to Kelling

Martyn and Mick. I'm sorry to hear of you standing down but I also know things can get difficult and challenging.  I wish you both well and also wish Daz and Mike great success in the new roles in EMS.  Good luck.  I may see you at a meeting.  All the best. Derek

Thank you Mick and Martyn for all your hard work on this great site. Sorry to hear you two guys are going through difficult times at the moment, I wish you well and hope your situations improve soon.
Of course, I also wish Daz and Mike great success in their new roles.

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to read this. I only come on here sporadically nowadays since the baby was born. Sorry to hear both Martyn and Micks situations-hope you both get in the mend quickly and continue to look up and amaze us all with your brilliant project threads, you are both an inspiration to me.

Good luck Daz and Mike-big shoes to fill and I am sure you'll both do it well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martyn & Mick, sorry to hear of your misfortunes.  Big thanks for all your advice and I'm glad you will still be taking part in the forums.

And also a big thanks to Daz and Mike for taking up the baton and keeping things running smoothly.

All the best to you all.