• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

CONESHARP

Bottletopburly

Just noticed there is a cone sharp program on the sharpcap download page for correcting cone error in case it`s of use to anyone just requires a Eq mount working through Ascom  small download  

If reading the comments online(SGL etc)  you still have to do Polar Alignment to use Sharpcaps Cone Error program and then there are some who say EQmod ,and the like, 3 star alignment makes the cone error redundant. Guiding would also seems to make Cone error correction redundant.  Considering all the little errors that creep in its a wonder any of it works. Hats of the gents who create Ascom,Eqmod,Sharpcap etc. It would be interesting to see if you get any better results or if some one from EMS has already tried it or as always everyone else's thoughts.

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/224627-cone-error/

You will be starting on PE error next David!!

12 minutes ago, stash said:

If reading the comments online(SGL etc)  you still have to do Polar Alignment to use Sharpcaps Cone Error program and then there are some who say EQmod ,and the like, 3 star alignment makes the cone error redundant. Guiding would also seems to make Cone error correction redundant.  Considering all the little errors that creep in its a wonder any of it works. Hats of the gents who create Ascom,Eqmod,Sharpcap etc. It would be interesting to see if you get any better results or if some one from EMS has already tried it or as always everyone else's thoughts.

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/224627-cone-error/

You will be starting on PE error next David!!

crikey i got to start guiding first

Joking aside you will only ever need to do cone error once ,suppose its all about eliminating small errors ,though you do need to callibrate polar scope first  ,i did that with my old eq5 took ages so you need to be patient as it can become very frustrating .

Dont use my Polar Scope any more - use Sharpcap Polar alignment and guide camera. "Only once" HMmmmmm seen that before somewhere:facepalm:

Always wondered what the screws/bolts were for on the dovetail :)

I think for time being I will stick with the errors I have created and the solutions I have found - "whatever works for you stick with"  it that's my motto.

Still thanks for the pointer to the software