• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Simulation article

Tweedledee

http://www.sciencealert.com/things-are-super-weird-right-now-but-it-s-not-a-glitch-in-the-matrix-says-harvard-physicist

I found this article very interesting especially theoretical physicist James Gates comment...

"In my research I found this very strange thing. I was driven to error-correcting codes - they're what make browsers work. So why were they in the equations I was studying about quarks and electrons and supersymmetry? This brought me to the stark realisation that I could no longer say people like Max (Tegmark) are crazy."

I have my feet firmly on the "real solid" ground with cosmologist/particle physicist
Lisa Randall on this (she's very nice), but the other guys have more exciting and mind expanding ideas. Currently I am trying to wade through various books about this subject like physicist Max Tegmarks "Our Mathematical Universe - My quest for the ultimate nature of reality" and Seth Lloyds "Programming the Universe - A quantum computer scientist takes on the cosmos".

Fascinating speculation.