• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

What Software to Use

Guest astrokid

Guest astrokid

Hi Folks

im new to the astrophotography scene and was wondering what software would be a good starting position or should i just use the software that comes with my Orion G3 or start with something else completely I have registax 6 and like the ease of use any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Depends what type of software you want capture or processing 

Firecapture or sharpcap (planetary/moon capture though you would have to check if they are compatible with your camera ,sharpcap probably is, FC not sure 

Autostakert for processing video or registax though most folks use autostakert2 to process and registax to sharpen image using the wavelets tab 

Then dslr you could use APT to capture your photos from your pc ,then process /stack in Deepspacestacker ,then process your final image in Startools ,photoshop,or pixinsight the list is endless 

Agree with Dave on this one, I use APT and DeepSpaceStacker but I do not do planetary only deep space objects 9weather permitting!!)

Cheers

Ron 

• Like 1

BackyardEOS is great for capturing if you have a Canon DSLR. They also do a Nikon version.

Sequence Generator Pro is also pretty good but it a more complete imaging session solution (and more expensive). If you do get into your hobby you'll probably end up using PixInsight - they do a 45 day trial which is unlimited so you get a pretty good idea what it can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk