• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The Met Office.

BAZ

I don't know about you, but I find the new Met Office site a pale imitation of it's former self.

I use the Infra red Satellite images regularly, it gives a better indication of whats moving where, and how fast.

Not any more it doesn't, it's a cluttered and poorly animated version of what they are going to terminate in the near future.

In fact I have sent them an e-mail moaning about this and their lack of an accurate forecast, bearing in mind, I only live about 500 meters from the Watnall site of theirs.

In recent months, Meteoblue has been the most accurate out of them all, I pointed this out to them as well.

I also asked them why the central area of England doesn't have a forecast, such as Cardiff.

Birmingham, Nottingham, Derby , Leicester, and Coventry, doesn't get a mention...Why?

I find it sad that a once great institution has come to this.

Have a look and see what you think, and send them an e-mail with your opinion, let them know as well.

Right, I'll get off my soapbox now.

I must admit Martyn that I have to agree with you. Over the last couple of months I have found the forecasts to increasingly inaccurate, even their current observations are incorrect. I think I will drop them an e-mail as well.

Cheers Steve, the Sat 24 one is a good one.

Unfortunately there's quite a bit of cloud lurking about.

I have received an automated reply, which I think sums things up really.

"At the moment we are experiencing high volumes of emails, so it may take us a little longer than usual to reply.

If your enquiry relates to our updated website, please find link to some FAQ's

Thank you for your patience during this extremely busy time.

Met Office Weather Desk".

I'll repeat my E-mail after Easter, as in all fairness, they are on holiday as well.

They must have put the weather on default sunshine and showers setting.