• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My New Kit

tbird

I went over to Nigel's house (DN18) this morning to pick up the new kit I ordered at last Monday's North Lincs Astro meeting.

As I was developing an interest in plantary imaging I went for a Skywatcher 150 MAK on a EQ 6 pro mount. The 150MAK certainly doesn't intimidate the EQ 6 ;) . I also got an AZ4 mount, I've put my ST80 on it but the 150p also fits nicely. This will make a nice grab and go setup.

SDC11160.jpg

SDC11161.jpg

uuummmm............Shiny....drool.

A very nice combination there Paul. Looks great too.

I hope you get some clear sky soon to have a go with it.

Just getting the feel of the SynScan handset, I'm pleased it's got better instructions than the MAK, a single sheet with a side taken up with instructions for a red dot finder which it doesn't have :D .

Very nice Paul, look forward to seeing at Gib Pt in a couple of weeks!!

Lovely setup, just wait untill you get that Mak trained on Mars...

Very nice paul and I'm glad to see the planetary side of things in winning you over ! Lol let's hope for a clear 21st have you got a sun lounger with all that kit ?

I think I've got the major bases covered for now, the Mak for planetary/lunar work, the 12" Dob for DSO's and the ST80 for open clusters and such.

The best buy has been the AZ 4, initially I got it for the st80 (overkill I know) but the Mak and 150p fit on it a treat, making a great grab and go option.

Very nice Paul. Will be interesting to see how the Mak performs as they do get some glowing reviews. And love the new mount, it looks a beast.

Paul, I bought an 8" extention for my AZ4, it's really made a difference ( no more aching back for a start!) I got it from Graham on EMS.

The AZ4 is fabulous for a grab and go - and very versatile cos there's a lot of ota's you can put on it, as well as cameras and binocs. I use mine for quick set up with the solar scope or Meg72/ST80 - smashing mount :)

I've got the 150 Mak on the the AZ4 tonight, had a nice veiw of Venus already. This is only the second time out, hoping it stays clear long enough to test it on Saturn.

• 2 weeks later...