• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Bee eaters. Visit to East Leake quarry 12.07.17

Bino-viewer

It was a pleasure Rob and I really enjoyed the trip.

You did get a few weird looks but the views were worth it. Nice photo's as well :thumbsup:

• Like 1

......and i've just been looking at Swarovski spotting scopes. Yikes.......:o

Was one of those chaps today imaging through a Swarovski spotting scope ?

I'm wondering what set up he was using...?

The bloke I pointed out had the following set up.

Swarovski STX95

Swarovski 30mm Apochromat Telephoto Lens System

They actually do a dedicated Full frame system now I think it comes out this month.

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p124861-swarovski-43mm-apochromat-telephoto-lens-system-for-atx-and-stx-scopes-swapotlstx43mm/#.WWcaPIjyvIU

This enables you to photograph at up to 2100mm focal length. All you need to do is add your Canon 6d.

Edited by Doc
  • Like 1

Nice one. I went past a load of tape, barriers and notices on the Wymeswold road on my way to Norfolk, then saw loads of folk walking from a makeshift car park laden with scopes binos etc. I thought it may have been bird related as I passed by then the Beeeater Car Park sign gave it away. Funny on my way back in the teeming rain on tuesday there was still the signs, barriers etc but no one around. Either birders dont like the rain or the birds had gone

It's well worth a visit, I went during the hot spell not long after they appeared. Breeding would be a great bonus!!