• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Head Ache reading

stash

No headache tablets needed. 

I think that monologue should be very carefully filed away in the trash can and then permanently deleted! :rolleyes:

I'm mostly in tune with Pete on this one. Perhaps the number of crackpot theories is proportional to the square of the time elapsed since Einstein published his first theory. Or is this "Sunny Phil's" crackpot theory???

However, at least some theories were previously dismissed as crackpot turned out to be true.

On this one, I spotted a fundamental flaw: If space elements are static, the universe doesn't expand.

Then again, as Dr Sagan said...'But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.'

I'm feeling a moon landing hoax coming on...

3 hours ago, Sunny Phil said:

I'm mostly in tune with Pete on this one. Perhaps the number of crackpot theories is proportional to the square of the time elapsed since Einstein published his first theory. Or is this "Sunny Phil's" crackpot theory???

However, at least some theories were previously dismissed as crackpot turned out to be true.

On this one, I spotted a fundamental flaw: If space elements are static, the universe doesn't expand.

I'd call it "Sunny Phil's Very Rational Theory About Crackpots". :thumbsup:

There may be a good reason why his proposals are non-mathematical. Do you know anyone who can get their heads round the multi-dimensional matrices using complex numbers that need to be manipulated by quantum equations? :o

042fb9d61ef26a98be386b7fa81ec9d5b51def8f

Had a quick go at it this morning and totally disproved his ideas, but the margin of my note book was too small to contain all the calculations and then the dog ate it, and a flying saucer landed in my garden, and I got a headache, so I can't reproduce it here. :wacko:

Just doing a "James Maxwell" on the whole thing  - should take me (who is not James Maxwell) about 1,000,000 yrs to do and then fail ! - If I can persuade my friend ,who is "into"  contacting the dead ,I will ask James Maxwell to post his calculations on here to simply explain it all to you morons :P He should have the answer as he was a real mathematical Physicist not a TV media type like - sorrow gone into a trance back soon:blink:

• Like 2