• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Pete and Steve Quiz time - where is this and no cheating

stash

And is case you get bored another - well beyond my scope really but again in Pegasus - NGC7XXX

Another-Galaxy-in-pegasus-again.jpg

Thought the first was NGC 7479 but not sure, so I'll leave that for Steve.

The second galaxy is NGC 7448.

Not sure what you class as cheating.

I calculated Clive's camera FOV for his scope, then reduced the Stellarium screen to a bit larger than that. I then punched in a few of the brighter galaxies in Pegasus and used my brain to plate solve the patterns.

Was very tired after a nice binocular session lying on a sun/star lounger in the garden. Milky Way was lovely last night. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tweedledee said:

Not sure what you class as cheating.

I calculated Clive's camera FOV for his scope, then reduced the Stellarium screen to a bit larger than that. I then punched in a few of the brighter galaxies in Pegasus and used my brain to plate solve the patterns.

Was very tired after a nice binocular session lying on a sun/star lounger in the garden. Milky Way was lovely last night. :)

No thats not cheating - just brilliant - NGC7448 spot on - give that man a clap :clap2:Very impressive I just (have too!) go to Astronomy.net 

ngc-7448-in-pegasus-again.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Graham said:

I didn't answer as I am not a Pete or Steve :P

But you recognised both galaxies immediately. :thumbsup:

I am away in caravan, and luckily for me, I just saw this lot now it's all done and dusted! ☺️?

If Pete cannot get it, then I have no chance! :screwloose:

Ah the "real" Steve has turned up - sorry Ibbo but the Pete and Steve I referred too was Steve Smith(Stephen). This was not to exclude anybody but just a bit of a standing joke on my photo's of "odd" galaxies and the fountain of knowledge they both provide on the subjects - Pete is really a Cyborg - half man and half computer - not sure which bits :D

I don't care who takes part so sorry Graham not intended to exclude - just a laugh!  

For my part I use Plate Solve to get there in the first place as I am not part Cyborg :P but I dont use Sat Nav - if that counts - I can read a map and compass !

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, stash said:

- Pete is really a Cyborg - half man and half computer - not sure which bits :D

I just have a few metal and glass items that attach to my eyes and enhance my vision. :blink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Funny you should say that, I have heard Pete saying;

"Does not compute! Does not Compute" once or twice, but this is very rare! ?   ??

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smithysteve said:

Funny you should say that, I have heard Pete saying;

"Does not compute! Does not Compute" once or twice, but this is very rare! ?   ??

It doesn't take much to get me saying "does not compute". Remember the post by Angus about the astro audio program...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csvnv0

Well, I was cursing for an hour over that. I wanted to download it to listen to off line on dog walks. Because the BBC download website said BBC iplayer radio near the top, I expected to download it and for it to appear in my iplayer radio app with my other podcasts etc. Logical assumption? No chance. I must have downloaded it 20 times onto my phone and swore at it a 100 times before my 16 year old son told me that it is not meant to be played via iplayer!!?? He sorted me out with a different app for it. Does not compute, does not compute!!!