• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

How to PM?

Guest Steve

Guest Steve

Soooo embarrassed to ask this, but how do you PM someone? Is it built into the forum or outside of it?

(I'm expecting a full-on Doh! moment here...)

At the top of the screen below the EMS logo there is an envolope, that is the PM section, click that and top right should be an option to create new pm. Just start to type the name of the person you want to pm (user name not real name), cc anybody and then type your message in the relevent section, hit send.

Jobs a gud un!

Edited by Daz type-r

Guest Steve

Ah - not really a Doh as I get:

Sorry, You don't have permission for that!

New members are not allowed to use the private messaging system. Private messages will become available once you've contributed to the community.

Guess you guys don't trust me yet :ph34r: !

Edited by Steve

I thought that function had been turned off ages ago, but saying that, we have moved hosts recently and had a forum upgrade.

I have PM'd Craig (the webmaster) on your behalf, he will let us know if there is a post count limit or some funcionality that has been turned back on.

Someone will let you know (either Craig or myself).

Regards,

Daz.

The "New Member" group can't PM till they reach 10 posts - you should be allmost there by now - It's all done automatically by the forum software :)

No probs Steve. Just to confirm anyway, Craig has said there is a limit due to spam bots.

Hello,

Sorry I didn't see this. :)

Yes a limit is imposed, to prevent unwanted messages being sent to members. It's not hard to get access, as you've found. ;)

Hope you're enjoying the forums!