• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling 6th - 13th September 2018

Sheila

Well that time of year again, nearly at Kelling 2017 :D  I have block booked again for 2018 and have the pitch numbers

below.  Please let me know if you want your pitches for 2018 ASAP  via PM.  I have booking references that you can use to re book

when you are there this year.  Normally you cant book until Kelling so not much point trying before then.

Please dont post on here as it keeps it clear and tidy for the pitch allocations :) 

222     Sheila                     BOOKED

223     Kheldar                  BOOKED

224     Daz                         BOOKED      

225     Mike                       BOOKED

226     C Golder                 BOOKED

227     Graham                   BOOKED

228     Stephen                  BOOKED

229     Rusty Strings         BOOKED

230     TasKing                 BOOKED  

231     The Bagman          BOOKED

234     Dennis                   BOOKED

235     Tony                      BOOKED

236     Bino-viewer.          BOOKED

237     Allan the Plumber  BOOKED

238      DaveJW                BOOKED

239     Geezanova            BOOKED   

240     Ron.                       BOOKED

241     Baz                        BOOKED

Non EMS pitches

205     derbyshire dave

Edited by Sheila

• Sheila featured, pinned and unpinned this topic
Well that time of year again, nearly at Kelling 2017 [emoji3]  I have block booked again for 2018 and have the pitch numbers
below.  Please let me know if you want your pitches for 2018 ASAP  via PM.  I have booking references that you can use to re book
when you are there this year.  Normally you cant book until Kelling so not much point trying before then.

Please dont post on here as it keeps it clear and tidy for the pitch allocations [emoji4] 

222     Sheila                      confirmed
223     Kheldar                   confirmed
224     Daz                          confirmed       
225     Mike                        confirmed
226     C Golder                  confirmed
227     Graham                     confirmed
228     Stephen                    confirmed
229     Rusty Strings           confirmed
230     TasKing                   confirmed  
231     The Bagman            confirmed
232     Dave JW  
234     Dennis
235     Tony
236     CAZ
237     Allan the Plumber    confirmed
238     Red Dwalf.                 confirmed 
239     Geezanova
240     Ron.                           confirmed 
241     Baz                             confirmed

Hi Sheila

Had a great time a t kelling Heath this year and so would like to book for 2018.

Cheers

Dennis pitch 234

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/25/2017 at 10:03, Denn said:

Hi Sheila

Had a great time a t kelling Heath this year and so would like to book for 2018.

Cheers

Dennis pitch 234

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis, you need to book directly with Kelling, most of us did this whilst we were at Kelling.  I dont know if you can get PM's as yet so please ring them

and quote booking reference number for pitch 234   :   210230   Let me know know as soon as you have booked please

Please let me know ASAP that you have booked with Kelling  (i.e.  the ones with confirmed)  then we will

be all sorted for next year :)   There appears to be 2 pitches available for next year but I will be passing them back

to Kelling very shortly.  So please let me know if anyone would like to book them

Sheila

all booked and paid for but as mentioned can only book Thursday to Sunday as rates for the beginning of the week were not on Kelling's system last Tuesday ( God its a week ago around now I was checking in where does a week go !!)

Booked in and paid for on pitch 205 Sheila, a few feet from the crew this year, rather than the 10 minute walk..

I hope to be nearer the beer!

• Sheila unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...

Hi just been in contact with Kelling to book spring Star party and asked to extend my Autumn stay as at time of original booking reduced prices weren’t loaded on Kelling’s system

I’ve been advised that the discount rate is from the  6th till 13th September and the new Moon is on the 9th so the booked out period appears to be the following week not as usual the previous week. Guess it close to their peak season (August bank hol and kids not back till first week September)

With this in mind I am looking to stay after weekend if that’s what booked off and blacked out period! Anyone else thinking of doing the same!?

Edited by Allan the Plumber
Spelling Grammer

Was going to do normal and stay before. 

Will check what I have booked when I get chance. Can’t really stay later cos of work

• Like 1

I will be doing the 6th until the 10th (Thursday to Monday), same as Sheila, I need to get back to work :( 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again just had Kelling on Phone again ( held off provisionally )the Tuesday and Wednesday 4/5th September asking if I still required these dates and if so could I pay for them. 

Just in case anyone is planing to arrive early before the Thursday the 6th September you may want to sit down. :o

The Autumn star party reduced rates run from the 6th to the 13th September at either (subject to field, pitch and availability )  between £13.25 and £14.50 

before that it is at high season rate of £30.20 per night per pitch and any extras i.e awnings, extra tents, extra vehicles to be charged for.:o Apparently this is not the case for the blocked out dates , phew

With this in mind and as mentioned in my previous thread if people are staying the other side of the week instead of before ( Martyn?!?) will they allow us to keep up the black out stuff, (more Duct tape and black bin bags this year):ph34r: or will it be back to normal and loads of light from our toilet block New Moon 9th I think 

What ever the case it'll still be a great star party just wanted to give the forum the heads up :blush:

I don't know Allan, but rest assured, the light pollution fairy may well still pay a visit. Much more predictable than Santa or the tooth fairy eh!