• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Stellarium for Astrology - Who can resist...

Dean Watson

Is it just me, on occasion to my shame I read my stars in the paper.  Laughable really reading your own, you could just as easily read the ones for the other signs and they'd be just as accurate (I'm Libra btw! Woo Hoo! 50th birthday in October).  Anyway, when you do, often they say something along the lines along the lines of 'You get better looking each day, women fawn at your feet and your life will be a neverending party' (as it happens, they get this one spot on...! And then the medication wore off) due to Jupiter being in Capricorn with the Moon in ascendence.

What i'm getting at for those of us with way too much time on our hands and very little life, it it just me or does anyone else out of gory curiosity check this in Stellarium (Or Cartes du Ciel for the more rogueish among us)?

No I don't. It's worth noting that the star signs are now incorrect. The position of the Sun in a constellation was used a great many years ago and now these dates and positions no longer remain accurate due to procession.

Your'e never going to win the lottery, have multiple lovers, everlasting health and keeping all your own teeth with an attitude like that! :D

I'm with the late, great Sir Patrick Moore where astrology is concerned.

(Load of B******s : my words, probably not Patricks)

Mods : remove as required

The late, great Issac Asimov.

“The vast majority, who believe in astrology and think that the planets have nothing better to do than form a code that will tell them whether tomorrow is a good day to close a business deal or not, become all the more excited and enthusiastic about the bilge when a group of astronomers denounces it.”

“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

A bonus quote there because I thought it worthy.

• Like 2