• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

"Society" Name Change

Good Evening,

I hope you have all had a good Summer. The Long Eaton Astronomical Society is going to change a little. The name was inherited from when the public events were first conceived and has been carried on. It is a society in name only and has never had any form of committee. In order to try and appeal to a wider audience it has been decided to drop this title. Instead the meetings will now be known as "MPOLE Community Open Dome" meetings. Those people that have paid the yearly subscription will still be entitled to attend for free until January 2018 as normal so there is no change there. Moving forwards from 2018 there will be no yearly membership, instead it will be by suggested donation of £2 per person per meeting.

We hope this meets with your satisfaction. Should you have any questions or concerns about this please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] or in person at the next meeting.

The next meeting is on September 28th, I will be sending out an email in the next couple of days with more information on that once I have more details off our speaker. Next month on Wednesday the 18th October we are very excited to have Ryan MacDonald of Cambridge University speaking on the very recent announcement of the discovery of a planet with a titanium atmosphere. Ryan was part of the team who made the discovery and will be talking to us about this fascinating planet.

Edited by MPOLE
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike, 

Is the start time still 6.30 Tea, coffee and biscuits and 7.00pm for the start of the talk for this weeks meeting?

Should be attending

Steve